- California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) means the California statute intended to enhance privacy rights and consumer protection for residents of California, United States.
- General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) means the European Union (“EU”) law on data protection and privacy applicable to individuals within the EU.
- Personal Data under the GDPR means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- Account means a Registered User’s account with Highlyte wherein Content may be uploaded for compliance checks.
- Cannabis Content means any and all content featuring cannabis, Cannabidiol (“CBD”), and related accessories that Registered Users upload to Highlyte
- Compliance Reports means the output of results generated by Highlyte’s state-of-the-art artificial intelligence that checks Cannabis Content to detect potential risk under certain local, state, and federal laws and regulations, as well as social media platform regulations and guidelines.
- Registered User(s) means any individual and/or company that subscribes to Highlyte and creates an Account, including any team members invited to join by the individual and/or company.
- Visitor(s) means any individual that visits and browses the Highlyte website, but does not create an Account.
- User(s) means all individuals, including Registered Users, that visit, access, and use Highlyte.
- You / Your / You’re means Users.
Types of Personal Information We Collect.
Highlyte collects the following Personal Information from all Users who contact Highlyte seeking more information:
- First name;
- Last name;
- Company name;
- Email address;
- Company description;
- Cannabis Content description and volume;
- Instagram handle;
- Any other information that you upload or submit to Highlyte directly or indirectly.
Highlyte collects the following Personal Information from all Registered Users that create an Account with Highlyte:
- First name;
- Last name;
- Company name;
- Company size;
- Company type;
- Email address;
- Instagram handle;
- Instagram account status;
- Any other information that you upload or submit to Highlyte directly or indirectly.
In addition, Highlyte collects the following Personal Information from all Users:
- Your geolocation;
- Your IP address;
- Your browser and search engine information;
- Your device information;
- Your visitor history;
- Your usage of Highlyte, including, without limitation, any links or items clicked or pages viewed and statistics;
- Information stored in cookies, pixel tags, or web beacons;
- Analytical data from Google Analytics and/or Google AdSense; and
- Any other additional analytic data that you voluntarily submit to Highlyte.
Sources of Personal Information Collection.
Cookies & Similar Technologies.
The table below sets out how we use different categories of cookies and similar technologies, as well as information on your options for managing the settings for the data collection by these technologies:
Type of Cookie
Required Cookies (Strictly Necessary)
Required – or strictly necessary – cookies enable you to navigate Highlyte and use its features.
Because required cookies are essential to operate Highlyte there is no option to opt out of these cookies.
Functional Cookies (Non-Strictly Necessary)
Functional – or non-strictly necessary cookies – allow us to remember information you have entered or choices you make, and provide enhanced, more personal features.We use Google Analytics, MixPanel, and Hotjar to help us analyze how our Website is used, including the number of visitors, where Highlyte visitors have come from, and the pages they visit. This information is used by us to improve our Website.
To manage the use of functional cookies on Highlyte, please consult your individual browser settings for cookies. Note that opting out may impact the functionality you receive when using our Website.
To learn more about safeguarding your data for websites using Google Analytics, visit here
To opt out of our data collection by Google Analytics, you can download and install a Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on here
To learn more about how Google Analytics Cookie Usage on Website visit here.
You can also adjust your individual browser settings relating to cookies by visiting these pages:
For other browsers not listed, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides.
Targeting or Advertising Cookies (Non-Strictly Necessary)
We use Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on or getting to Highlyte. Google Analytics specifically allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future.We may also use Google AdWords as a tool to acquire relevant new clients who are looking for our service and Google AdSense to show our clients other relevant advertising that may assist them while they are using our site.
To adjust your Google Ad Settings and learn how to opt out of particular targeted advertising visit here
or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page here
Lawful Basis for Processing Your Personal Information
The lawful basis for us processing your Personal Information for the uses described above will typically be because you have provided your consent; it is necessary for our contractual relationship; the processing is required for us to comply with legal obligations; and/or the processing is in our legitimate interest of providing you with Highlyte.
How Highlyte Uses Your Personal Information.
We use your Personal Information based upon the legal basis of Users’ consent to provide you with Highlyte, process any requests made by you, communicate with you, identify and fix problems with Highlyte, and update you regarding changes to Highlyte and the Highlyte and third-party services offered through Highlyte.
By using Highlyte, you further authorize the following specific uses of your Personal Information:
- Enable your use of Highlyte and its associated services;
- Improve algorithms;
- Develop machine learning and/or artificial intelligence;
- Measure service usage;
- Develop new features;
- Contact and communicate with you, whether through email, telephone, text message, and/or messages within Highlyte;
- Customize and/or tailor Highlyte and your user experience, which may include targeted selection and display of third party advertisements within Highlyte;
- Aggregate certain information that does not include your personal information and disclose it for analysis, demographic profiling and/or targeted advertising;
- Advertise products and services of Highlyte;
- Transmit and process your information and actions within Highlyte;
- Provide statistical information, and include you in the same, where applicable;
- Provide you with technical service and support, including updates;
- Provide you with information concerning Highlyte’s benefits or services;
- Store, archive, retrieve, and make copies of your user generated content;
- Understand your needs and requests;
- Communicate promotions or other offers;
- Process payments;
- Combine your personal and personally identifiable information with information from other Highlyte applications and/or services; and
- Facilitate your use of Highlyte and upgrades/replacements to Highlyte.
Sharing of Your Personal Information.
Highlyte Shares Your Personal Information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Where Highlyte has obtained your consent;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is necessary to provide you with Highlyte, and/or associated services (We may share your personal or personally identifiable information with trusted third-parties who assist us in operating Highlyte, providing the associated services, and conducting our business);
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is necessary pursuant to a campaign with Facebook and/or Instagram;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is necessary to share personal or personally identifiable information with Highlyte’s parents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, licensees, affiliates, or business partners;
- Where Highlyte has been purchased by a third party;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is necessary to respond to requests by government authorities;
- Where your Personal Information is demanded by a court order or subpoena;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is needed to protect the employees, independent contractors, officers, directors, members, users, or owners/shareholders of Highlyte;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is needed to help prevent against fraud or the violation of any applicable law, statute, regulation, ordinance, or treaty; and
- Where Highlyte is otherwise legally obligated to share your personal or personally identifiable information.
Highlyte Shares Your Personal Information With the Following Third-Parties:
Highlyte’s use of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
No Liability Third-Party Services and Third-Party Links.
The third-party service providers affiliated with Highlyte have their own independent privacy policies governing the use of your Personal Information pursuant to the GDPR and CCPA and we encourage you to read those privacy policies carefully. You understand that even if Highlyte deletes your Personal Information that it may still be available in a third-party service provider’s database. Highlyte has no responsibility or liability for the Personal Information collection, use, or storage activities of the third-party services providers used by Highlyte to provide you with the services associated with Highlyte.
Highlyte may include or offer third-party products or services on Highlyte and provide third-party links to the same. These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. Highlyte has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of such third parties or their websites. We encourage you to read carefully the privacy policies of all such third-party websites. We seek to protect the integrity of Highlyte and therefore welcome any feedback about any such third-party websites.
Personal Information Transfer and Storage.
Your Personal Information is stored and processed on computers and servers in the United States and through your use of Highlyte, you consent to the processing and storage of your Personal Information and personally identifiable information. You understand that your Personal Information may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide Personal Information to us, please note that we transfer your Personal Information to the United States and process it here, and that we may store portions of your Personal Information in the United States.
Website Users understand and agree that if they provide Highlyte with Personal Information that it is stored indefinitely, unless the User contacts Highlyte to have their Personal Information removed from storage. As specified above, even if Highlyte deletes your Personal Information from its own servers, it may still be available in a third-party service provider’s database. You should consult with those third-parties in the event you would like Personal Information deleted therefrom.
Personal Information Security.
Highlyte uses standard technology to store and help prevent unauthorized disclosure of your Personal Information. Though we undertake commercially reasonable efforts to protect your information, no website, software, or online service is completely safe. Accordingly, you provide all such information at your own risk.
In order to protect your Personal Information, Highlyte uses specific security measures, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts information you input at 128-bit strength. This is denoted in most web browsers by a small padlock appearing on the bottom bar of the window and the address of the window changing from http:// to https://, indicating a secure connection.
EU Users’ Rights Under the GDPR.
The GDPR provides Users located in the EU under its protection certain rights with respect to their Personal Data collected by us on Highlyte. Accordingly, Highlyte recognizes and will comply with the GDPR and those rights, except as limited by applicable law. The rights under the GDPR include:
- Right of Access: This includes the right to obtain from us your Personal Data and whether it is being processed, along with the purposes of the processing; categories of Personal Data concerned; recipients to whom your Personal Data has been disclosed; the period for which your Personal Data is being stored; and the right to lodge a complaint.
- Right of Rectification: This includes the right to correct inaccurate Personal Data collected and/or stored by us.
- Right of Erasure (“Right to be Forgotten”): This includes the right to have your Personal Data deleted. However, if applicable law requires us to comply with your request to delete information, fulfilment of your request may prevent you from using our services and may result in closing your account.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: This includes the right to request restriction of how and why your Personal Data is used or processed by us.
- Right to Data Portability: This includes the right to receive your Personal Data in a structure, readable format and the right to have your Personal Data transferred.
- Right to Object: This includes the right to object to us processing your Personal Data for reasons such as direct marketing purposes and for scientific or historical research or statistical purposes.
- Right to not be Subject to Automated Decision-Making: This includes the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes.
California Users’ Rights.
Under the CCPA, California Users have the following rights:
- Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold: You have the right to request that Highlyte disclose what Personal Information of yours it collects, uses, discloses, and sells over the past 12 months.
- Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information: You have the right to request that Highlyte delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information: Highlyte does not sell Personal Information. You have the right to opt-out of Highlyte’s sale of your Personal Information.
- Right to Non-Discrimination for Exercising CCPA Rights: Highlyte shall not discriminate against California Users for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
To exercise your rights under the CCPA – or have an authorized agent exercise your rights under the CCPA on your behalf – please submit either a “Request to Know Personal Information” or a “Request to Delete Personal Information” to Highlyte by contacting Highlyte at support@Highlyte.ai.
Under California’s “Shine the Light Law,” California residents have the right to receive information that identifies any third-party companies or individuals that Highlyte has shared your Personal Information with in the previous calendar year, as well as a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed to that third party. You may obtain this information once a year and free of charge by contacting Highlyte at the address below.
Purchase or Sale of Highlyte or Other Assets.
How To Stop Highlyte from Collecting Your Personal Information.
You can stop Highlyte from collecting your Personal Information and/or have your Personal Information deleted by contacting Highlyte at support@Highlyte.ai and requesting that Highlyte stop collecting and/or delete your Personal Information. Additionally, you can adjust your web browser settings to limit or turn off Cookies or other tracking techniques, or you can cease use of Highlyte. You may contact Highlyte with any requests regarding your Personal Information. Highlyte also honors Do Not Track requests and signals.
When using Highlyte, you are obligated to inform Highlyte of any changes to your Personal Information.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Policy.
Highlyte is not intended for or directed to users under the age of 18, and Highlyte does not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 or other minors. Where appropriate, Highlyte takes reasonable measures to determine that users are adults of legal age and to inform minors not to submit such information to Highlyte or in response to advertisements. If you are concerned that Personal Information may have been inadvertently provided to or collected by Highlyte, please contact us immediately so appropriate steps may be taken to remove such information from Highlyte’s database.
Contact and Notices.
Highlyte MEDIA COMPANY
1450 Sutter Street #112
San Francisco, CA 94109